Tuesday 8 June 2010

BIRDSONG IN THE WILD WOODS



If you turn the volume right up and start the video you can listen to the bird song as you scroll through the photos below.

The photos are of my and Beth's walk in the Wild Woods, near the end of the walk I felt that photographs alone just didn't catch the magic of a walk through these woods and so decided to take a video, not for their pictures but so I could capture the bird song. I forgot that we were nearing the road and so there is a whooshing sound from the cars near the end. Nevertheless the bird song was such a delight.

Down the track from the road.

This area used to be a lake but is down to just a trickle these days.

Another magnificent Oak tree. There are several around this area.









Beyond this fallen tree is a track which leads to the road, between two fields it would be a wonderful place to walk if only it were not so overgrown.


Beth leading the way while I decided to take the video with the bird song.

11 comments:

  1. Neat walk through the woods, made me think of the Biblical verse where God tells us to stay on the straight path, the more narrow one in life. We have to choose, thanks ! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I turned on the sound. It feels like I am walking there myself! Thank you, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I do like woods.

    Lovely photos.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nowhere on earth as peaceful as in the woods.

    You can hear the silence as well as the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if everyone would take a walk through the woods on a regular basis, there would be no wars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed listening to the birds as I scrolled through the pictures. I love the sound of them through the trees. It's just so relaxing looking, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enchanting wood and I am listening to the birds singing as I write this ... what a great idea! Magical Joanne! I love the Oaks! I am trying to recognize the songs and calls but cannot... surely there must be thrushes ... I wonder don't our birds speak the same language. Do you know the bird calls and songs that were played. I want to go and watch the video now. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done a splendid job, Joanne. I enjoyed listening to the sounds of the wild and I feel like I am walking with you in the woods. It makes it so real. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something magical about a walk in the woods. i love listening to the birds sing, It's as though they welcome me to their home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos make me think of the many walks I took when I lived in France ans Germany. How wonderful to experience the walk through your photos! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! It looks so peaceful. I loved the birdsong, too.

    ReplyDelete